Vermont Gage manufactures a full line of Thread and Gear Measuring Wires
Thread Measuring Wires
Vermont Gage manufactures a full line of Thread Measuring Wires. Thread Measuring Wires are used to measure the simple pitch diameter of externally threaded parts or to calibrate thread plug gages.
- Standard Inch, Metric, & Acme sizes by pitch or T.P.I. are available from stock
- Wires for Buttress and other thread forms and custom sizes are available
- Wires are provided in Individual pitch 3 wire sets or multiple size sets in cases
Gear Measuring Wires
Gear Measuring Wires are a quick & economical method to measure the Tooth Thickness of Gears at the Pitch Diameter. Gear Measuring Wires are supplied in 2 wire sets. Special 3 wire sets & sizes may be quoted upon request.
- Wires up to .825” diameters are matched sets w/in .000010”.
- Diameter tolerance : +/- .000010”
- Roundness w/in .000010”
- Surface finish : 2rms or better
- Over all length : 2”
- Material – Oil hardened tool steel or high speed steel
- Meets or exceeds Former Federal Specification GGG-W-366b.
- See pages 84 - 87 in the Gage Catalog for more information